Frequently Asked Questions
The following are a bunch of questions that you may have regarding Filmhouse Cinemas, our ticket bookings and prices, promotions, refund policy and many more.
- How many movies can a Filmhouse+ subscriber see in a day?Filmhouse+ subscribers are entitled to four tickets per day
- Why do I need a photo ID for redemption?We ask for photos to ensure no one is impersonating and taking advantage of your account / benefit. After all, the account is just for you.
- Can I redeem(print) more than one ticket at a time?You can print a max of two tickets at a time and these two tickets must be consecutive movies i.e. according to the schedule, after the first movie, the second movie must be one of the next set of movies to be shown in the selected cinema. (Even Dr Strange can be in only one place at a time)
- What if I want to watch more than two movies in a day?Then you have to finish the second movie before you order
- Are my payment details secure and confidential?Your payment details remain confidential. We take certain details on payments of tickets only to enable a secure transaction via your banking institution. We have employed the very latest security and encryption technology to protect you and your debit card.
- Does the 25% discount on ticket for Mondays and Tuesdays apply to everyone?Your payment details remain confidential. We take certain details on payments of tickets only to enable a secure transaction via your banking institution. We have employed the very latest security and encryption technology to protect you and your debit card.
- Can I book tickets over the phone?Your payment details remain confidential. We take certain details on payments of tickets only to enable a secure transaction via your banking institution. We have employed the very latest security and encryption technology to protect you and your debit card.
- Can I purchase food online?Yes, we have a small menu of cinema food items you can purchase online, e.g. Popcorn, hotdogs, and soft drinks.
- Do you deliver popcorn?Retail purchase options are available only at the cinema.
- Do I have to queue if I purchase items online?Yes, but this queue is a designated fast-track line available only to people who have made purchases online.
- Can a ticket purchased at a cinema site (e.g. FilmHouse Surulere be used at another site (e.g. FilmHouse Circle Mall)?No, each ticket purchased can only be used at the site which you selected during the booking process.
- If I buy a ticket for a certain time (e.g. 6:00pm on January 3) can I use it for another time (e.g. 4pm on January 5)?No, each ticket purchased can only be used for the time and date you selected during the booking process.
- What happens when my ticket isn’t used?The ticket is linked to a specific movie showtime, and as such your ticket will be forfeited if it is not used.
- Can I buy tickets for someone else?Yes, you can buy movie tickets for someone else. You simply need to have the person’s details filled out when booking the ticket online.
- Can I buy tickets in advance?Yes, as long as the ticket is available online
- Can I buy more than one ticket?Yes, you can purchase multiple tickets
- Can my ticket be transferred to another individual?No, tickets can be purchased for someone else with their details entered but cannot be transferred to another person’s name/detail(s). This is because proof of purchase will be required in order for the ticket to be printed.
- Does my ticket come with concessions?Your ticket only comes with concessions if you purchased a ticket with a concession package attached.
- How do I redeem my ticket?A ticket purchased online will be redeemed at the Filmhouse Cinema location which the purchase was intended for. Proof of purchase will be required in order for the ticket to be printed. Simply present the credit/debit card OR premium voucher / gift card used for the transaction OR the confirmation/booking number, at the Filmhouse cinema location for which the purchase was made.
- Can I bring pets into the cinema?Pets are not allowed in the cinema theaters
- I want to buy a ticket for a date that isn’t displayedIt is not possible to buy tickets for dates not displayed; you can only buy tickets for movies with listed showtimes.
- Do you charge an online booking fee?Yes, there is an online booking fee, but this is waived for Filmhouse Club subscribers
- Can I bring food from outside the cinema?Food items not purchased from Filmhouse Cinemas are not allowed in the cinema theater
- How do I find price of movie tickets at the Filmhouse cinema location closest to me?Visit this link to see all ticket price listings at your local cinema
- What is the age restriction for children?Age restrictions apply based on the movie rating listed on each movie showing. No underaged children will be granted admission, based on regulations by the National Film and Video Censors Board
- Do your cinemas have wheelchair access?Our movie theaters are not currently equipped for wheelchair access
- How do I see e-tickets on my phone?Open the booking confirmation message that will be sent to your email once you successfully complete the ticket purchase process online
- How much time do adverts and trailers take?Typically twenty (20) minutes for adverts and movie trailers, no longer
- Can I select my seat?This is currently not possible
- Can I print tickets for similar times? The tickets you order must not be overlapping shows i.e. Even Flash cannot see movies showing simultaneously if he wanted to. You cannot watch two movies at once
- How can I renew my subscription?A. Log into the web
Go to https://filmhouseng.com/filmhouse-club and select your preferred plan to renew to (silver or platinum).
Click on ‘’Subscribe and Continue’’ for your chosen plan.
If this doesn’t work...
A: simply save your card on the app: Login
Press the ‘’Club’’ button at the bottom of the screen.
Click on ‘’Add Card’’
Add your card details and save them.
You will be charged automatically